The most important part to any website is content. Without content, your website is nothing more than an advertisement, which is not an effective online marketing strategy. The goal of any marketing professional that designs websites should always be to create an online resource for people. It sounds simplistic, but it's true; which is why the most well known websites on the internet have the most content.
Whatever your product or service is, your goal as a business or organization should be to empower your visitors, not simply sell them something; that will come in time. By showing that their interests are important to you, they have a reason to return, thus increasing the likelihood of a purchase or additional purchases.
Make sure to have the following:
- Detailed product descriptions
- In depth product support information
- A responsive technical support section
- Easy to find contact information
- Product manuals, white papers, sales sheets, user manuals, etc.
By offering these to your visitors, you give them a reason to come back. Think of it this way, no matter how good the deal is, or where the purchase is made, would you buy something from a company that simply displays a picture, or one that gives a detailed description of the product being sold? The more time the customer spends on your site, the greater the chances are they will return to get more information and purchase more products.
- How far in advance should we hire a tradeshow consultant?
- Do you offer Google Street View virtual tours outside of New Hampshire?
- We update our business often, would we have to pay to redo the tour?
- Our business is small, would we still benefit from a Street View Virtual Tour?
- How can a Google Street View virtual tour help my business?