Depending on the company you hire to optimize your website for search engines, yes, SEO is worth the cost. What I suggest you do first however, is do some research on your own; check the major search engines and learn more about SEO. The problem with SEO is, if you don't know what to except, you won't know if it's working. We feel we do a great job at explaining search engine optimization.
We would go as far to say most SEO companies are fly-by-night, flash in the pans operations; only looking to acquire new customers regardless of the outcome. Since most SEO services have annual contracts, you are pretty much stuck with them for the remainder of the year, and that can be costly. It's not only costly because you are paying for a year of service, but if it is not done correctly, you could see your rankings online diminish quickly.
Our definitive answer is this, SEO is worth the cost, but make sure you are working with a reputable company. Learn about their strategies, and find out how they plan on increasing your place on search engines. We educate our clients, rather than take advantage of them. We would rather help you succeed so that you come to us for other marketing services, and continue using our online marketing services as well.
- How far in advance should we hire a tradeshow consultant?
- Do you offer Google Street View virtual tours outside of New Hampshire?
- We update our business often, would we have to pay to redo the tour?
- Our business is small, would we still benefit from a Street View Virtual Tour?
- How can a Google Street View virtual tour help my business?